Thursday, October 26, 2006

Inspiring Quotes

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits

One sees great things from the valley; only small things from the peak

Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it

Thinking is like loving and dying. Each of us must do it for himself.

The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches, but to reveal to him his own.

The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it

I have realized that the past and future are real illusions, that they exist in the present, which is what there is and all there is

If you are not going to be better tomorrow than you were today, then what need have you for tomorrow?

Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being.

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep

If you want to get somewhere you have to know where you want to go and how to get there. Then never, never, never give up

He who has a thousand friends has not a friend to spare, and he who has one enemy will meet him everywhere

There are not many things in life so beautiful as true friendship, and there are not many things more uncommon

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend.

Where we are today is a result of the choices we made yesterday. Let's make the best choices today that we might have the best tomorrow

The unthankful heart... discovers no mercies; but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and, as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings!

The only way to have a friend is to be one

The heart has its reasons that reason does not know

Among those whom I like or admire, I can find no common denominator,but among those whom I love, I can: all of them make me laugh.

True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it be lost.

To give anything less then your best is to sacrifice the gift

Vision is not enough; it must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs

No comments: